- Weight: 0.7g (receiver only)
- Size: 12mm*19mm
- Telemetry power: 20dbm
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU
- Input voltage: 5V
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF
Nano receiver 2.4G version diagram as shown below.
Nano receiver 868MHz/915MHz version diagram as shown below.
Know More About ExpressLRS
ExpressLRS is based on Semtech Lora SX127x or SX1280 hardware for RX and TX respectively. it aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. At 900 MHz a maximum of 200 Hz packet rate is supported. At 2.4 GHz a blistering 500Hz is currently supported with a custom OpenTX build. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
More and more vendors start to support the ExpressLRS radio protocol in different parts, like radio transmitter with ELRS in stock, drone with built-in ELRS receiver, ELRS TX module for JR bay, or Nano bay. BETAFPV team take part in this project and provide a series of ExpressLRS components.
Configuration & Bind
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the receiver and the flight controller board. So make sure your flight controller board supports the CRSF serial protocol. Next, we use the flight controller with Betaflight firmware to show how to set up the CRSF protocol.
The connection between the ELRS Nano receiver and the FC board is shown below.
Enable the corresponding UART (e.g. UART3 below) as a Serial Rx on Betaflight Configurator “Ports” tab.
On the “Configuration” tab, select “Serial-based receiver” on the “Receiver” panel, and select “CRSF” as the protocol. Telemetry is optional here and will reduce your stick update rate due to those transmit slots being used for telemetry.
Nano receiver could enter binding status by power on/off three times.
- Plugin and unplug nano receiver three times;
- Make sure the LED is doing a quick double blink, which indicates the receiver is in bind mode;
- Make sure the RF TX module or radio transmitter enter binding status, which sends out a binding pulse;
- If the receiver has a solid light, it’s bound.
Note: Binding once and the receiver will store the binding information. Re-power and the connect successfully auto.
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Nano receiver
- 1 * BETAFPV T antenna
- 2 * Spare shrink tube
- 4 * 30awg silicon connection wires (1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 yellow)
- 1 * pin header 1×4
- 1 * Nano receiver user manual